Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins Stephanie Perkins is definitely one of my favorite authors of YA contemporary romance books. I loved Anna and the French Kiss when I read it earlier this year, and I was also very impressed by this companion novel. The best thing about this book were the characters. Lola, her two dads, and Cricket all had memorable personalities and I liked getting to know them. I also loved that I got to see both Anna and Etienne St. Clair more than I expected. This book is very similar to Anna and the French Kiss, with lots of funny internal thoughts in the narration, and is a great feel-good book that provided me with a much-needed break from all of the paranormal YA I usually read. Another bonus of this book is that Cricket is a nice boy who wins, and I'd like to see more nice boys as love interests in the stories I read. In short, if you liked Anna and the French Kiss, then you'll like this book. I still would consider Anna and the French Kiss to be my favorite of the two (because it had a Paris setting and lots and lots of St. Clair), but I was by no means disappointed in this book. A friend was kind enough to give me an ARC of this book, but I will definitely be purchasing a finished copy when it comes out next month.