Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

Clarity (Clarity Series #1)

Clarity - Kim Harrington It's been a really long time since I've read a mystery novel. I used to read a bunch of mysteries as a child (such as the entire Boxcar Children series), but not so much recently because I get scared pretty easily. Clarity is a murder mystery story, and while I got a bit spooked at times, I think it was pretty tame by murder mystery standards.Clare is a psychic who can see visions by touching objects and becomes involved in investigating the murder of a tourist in her town. She doesn't do it alone, though: her ex-boyfriend Justin, the son of the town's mayor, and Gabriel, the son of a new detective in town, both work with her to solve the crime. Both of these boys, of course, are interested in Clare, so a love triangle begins to emerge in this story. I thought this was a fun book, but I wish it was longer so the characters could have been developed more. The book seemed very plot-focused, which makes sense for a murder mystery, but I am a reader who cares about characters more than anything else. I liked Clare's mom and brother (Perry), but I wish I knew a bit more about them. Same goes for the two boys, Gabriel and Justin. I am leaning a bit toward Justin, but I suppose I could go either way because I didn't feel like I got to know either of them really well. This was an enjoyable read, but I really wanted to get to know the characters better so that I could really connect to the story.