Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy Series #1)

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy Series #1) - Paranormalcy is such a fun book and has the cutest narrator ever. Evie, the very girly star of the story, was always making me smile or laugh! She is definitely a memorable character, equipped with her pink taser she calls Tasey. Evie desperately wants to be a normal teenager who does normal teenager things like attend high school and date boys, but because she can see through paranormal glamours, she is instead employed by an international agency to identify and bring in paranormals. This book is full of pretty much every paranormal creature out there--vampires, mermaids, werewolves, faeries--and then there's Lend, a shapeshifter in his own category, who wins Evie's heart and mine. I cannot wait for more of him in the next two books of this trilogy! I bought this book a year ago right around its release date because I knew that I had to have it because of its gorgeous cover. I'm very pleased that the story was just as awesome as the cover. This is yet another book that I'm glad I haven't had a chance to read until now (this is the story of my book life) because I have Supernaturally, the second book of the trilogy, on my shelf waiting and ready for me to read. One other thing: In addition to owning a physical copy of this book, I also purchased the audiobook through Audible to listen to when I couldn't sit down and read. If you are looking for a good audiobook, I would definitely recommend this one! Emily Eiden, who narrates the audiobook, has a really young voice that fits Evie perfectly and really brings her character to life. I actually found myself wanting to listen to the book over reading it, which has never happened before (I always prefer reading over listening to a story)! I'm glad to see that she also narrates Supernaturally because I'm planning on buying that audiobook, too.