Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey Series #4)

The Iron Knight - Julie Kagawa I have Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey series to thank for helping me get over being anti-faerie. Faeries have never been my favorite paranormal creatures to read about, but I consider this series as one of my favorites. I was very excited to learn that the final book in this series would be from Ash’s point of view because I love Ash and love to read the male character’s perspective in books with great romance storylines.The Iron Knight takes you on Ash’s epic journey to the End of the World, where he seeks to find a way to be with Meghan, who is now queen of the Iron realm. I’ve always been a member of Team Ash, and this story develops his character so well. You get a taste of his cruelty in his past before he met Meghan, but you also see how much he has changed since then. He is far from perfect, but this story made me love him even more. My favorite character, Grimalkin the cat, tags along on Ash’s journey, in addition to the mischievous Puck. Grim constantly cracked me up, and the dialogue and interactions between Ash and Puck made me smile. The characters in this series are among my favorite characters in all of the YA books I’ve read, and I am very sad that I have to say goodbye to them.The only thing I was disappointed about with this book is that I had hoped there would be more scenes with Ash and Meghan in them together (in either the form of flashbacks or a huge reunion scene). It’s very clear in this story that Ash is devoted to and in love with Meghan, but I had just hoped we would get some more time in the book with them together.Besides the aforementioned minor disappointment, I thought this was a great ending to a wonderful series and will be sure to buy a copy when it comes out next week.