Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

The Demon Trapper's Daughter (Demon Trappers Series #1)

The Demon Trapper's Daughter  - Jana Oliver I picked up this book for a very superficial reason: the cover was gorgeous! Luckily, I did like the story and enjoyed reading about demon trapping, which is something that I haven't read about before. Riley is one tough main character who sure has to deal with a lot of bad stuff in this book! Luckily, she has three friends (all male--no girlfriends) who support her. There's Peter, a nerdy school friend who is not involved in demon trapping at all, Simon, a fellow demon trapper apprentice, and Beck, her father's demon trapping partner. Though Riley considered herself to be Simon's girlfriend in the book, I personally was rooting for Beck, who is a few years older and more experienced in demon trapping. This book is the first of a series, so I hope she gets paired up with Beck in one of the following books. The story held my interest when I was reading it, but I found myself putting it down in favor of several other books on numerous occasions, which is a sign that, while I might like it well enough, it's not bound to be among my favorites. I'm sure I will pick up the sequel at some point (Soul Thief, the sequel, comes out tomorrow), but for now I need a break from this demon-filled world.