Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

Between the Sea and Sky

Between the Sea and Sky - Jaclyn Dolamore This is the cutest book I've read this year! I haven't read too many mermaid books (the only ones I can think of are Tera Lynn Childs' Forgive My Fins and Fins are Forever), but I would really like to read more books about mermaids now. Between the Sea and Sky is a feel good love story about a mermaid named Esmerine and a winged boy named Alander (now known as Alan Dare). Esmerine and Alander were good childhood friends who haven't seen each other for years, but they reunite when Esmerine goes on land to find her sister who has run away from the sea.The characters were the strongest point of this wonderful story. Both Alan and Esmerine were completely endearing, and I appreciated how both of them had such a great love for books, which is very evident throughout the story. As a book lover, I can totally relate and enjoy reading about characters who love books as much as I do! This story is a standalone and wraps up very neatly. I've mentioned in previous book reviews how I wish more standalones were published because I am getting tired of too many series, so thank you to Jaclyn Dolamore for writing such a great standalone novel! The book is short (under 250 pages), but I felt completely satisfied with the story and the ending and sighed a happy sigh when I finished it. I highly recommend picking up a copy of this cute little story!