Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 - Young Kim, Stephenie Meyer This was one of the first graphic novels I've read and the artwork in it is gorgeous. The book contains mostly black and white drawings, but there are a few drawings in color for pivotal scenes. The depiction of Bella is very similar to how I pictured her in my mind when I read the book more than four years ago. (Kristen Stewart was never really Bella for me.) I bought the Kindle version and enjoyed reading it on my iPad. However, I did not realize that this graphic novel covers only part of the book (even though it does say Volume 1... something I should have paid more attention to) instead of the entire story. This goes up through the meadow scene. Volume 2 is only available in print format and is not available as a Kindle purchase. If it was, I would probably buy it because the artwork is very well done. However, since I don't like having mismatched formats of books in series, I probably will not be buying Volume 2 unless a Kindle version becomes available. That's okay, though, as I enjoyed the first half of Twilight much more than the second half anyway.