Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

Bloodrose (Nightshade Series #3)

Bloodrose - Andrea Cremer I think this is my favorite book in the Nightshade trilogy because it contained more action than the preceding books and because I already knew the characters well so it was easy to fall back into this world. In almost all of the early reviews that I read, readers were upset or angry about the ending, so I went into this book fully expecting to not like the ending either. However, I am happy to say that my imagined ending was much worse than the actual ending, and I don't feel too disappointed by the story's conclusion. Bloodrose is full of both Ren and Shay, so readers who were saddened by the lack of Ren in Wolfsbane should get a pretty good Ren fix here (especially with this one scene a little more than a third of the way through the book featuring him in a towel... just saying!). Shay fans need not fear, either, because he is also very much present in this book, as he is the crucial key to winning the "war." I've never really liked Calla, but I love her friends. For me, the best part of this book were all of the supporting characters. Connor was my favorite and his dialogue was always making me laugh. I found myself much more interested in the various romances between the supporting characters than I was with Calla's own love triangle. I also felt like the resolution for Calla's love triangle was somewhat of a copout because while the beginning of this book stressed the importance of choice, the circumstances kind of dictated the ending instead.I have enjoyed all of the books in the trilogy, but I wouldn't count the trilogy as a favorite series. Because I wasn't completely invested in Calla's love triangle, I think I was able to accept and feel satisfied with the ending much more easily than readers who strongly felt that Calla should have ended up with a particular boy, but didn't get the ending that they wanted. P.S. - I dare you to count the number of "snarls" in this book. I predict that you will lose count very quickly. We get it, Calla, you = wolf!