Sarah (Escaping Through Books)

Sisterhood Everlasting

Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares I was nervous to read this book because I'm not really a fan of epilogues that flash forward into the future (I'm looking at you, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), and this book seemed just like one big epilogue, as the story takes place ten years after the fourth Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book. However, I really did wanted to read it because when I read the series several years ago, I grew to love Lena, Bridget, Tibby, and Carmen and wished that I was a part of their sisterhood, so I was very curious about how they were doing as adults. This is actually the first adult book I've read in awhile, but I thought it would be a good crossover book because these characters were introduced to us through a YA series. I had a hard time adjusting to the fact that they were nearly 30 years old at first because in my mind they were still teenagers, but I was drawn back into their lives pretty quickly. Lena and Bridget's storylines were always my favorite in the series and I found myself still favoring their storylines the most in this book as well. I think it was because their storylines involved romance and I was pleased to see that Kostos and Eric were still part of their lives. All of the books in the series have been very lighthearted, so I was surprised by the drastic change in tone with this book, but it was a fitting representation of life because they are now adults with responsibilities and no longer carefree teenagers. The story was both emotional and fulfilling. It was very hard to say goodbye to the sisterhood again when I turned the last page!